A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Friday 25 June 2010

Marley Borders on the brilliant

I took advantage of my newly acquired generator last night and trapped at a small heathland site close to me. The weather conditions were not ideal with a clear night and an almost full moon. Still, I am a little dissappointed at the numbers got. It was fantastic however to get two lifers, in the form of three Bordered White, and three Shoulder-striped Wainscot, I eagerly await the appearance of these species in my garden, just a mile or so away. Also a fantastic Clouded Buff.
.
Marley Common - 24th June:

3 Buff Ermine
3 Bordered White
3 Shoulder-striped Wainscot
3 True Lovers Knot
3 Brown Rustic
2 Heart and Dart
1 Barred Red
1 Clouded Buff
1 Middle-barred Minor


Clouded Buff

Clouded Buff

Shoulder-striped Wainscot

True Lovers Knot

Bordered White

No comments:

Post a Comment