A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Thursday 29 July 2010

23rd-28th July, NE Surrey

Caught in the garden 15W Actinic between 23rd and 28th...

A colourful Oak Hook-tip...


A very pretty Sallow Kitten...


My long awaited first Wainscot for the garden, a Smoky Wainscot...


The garden year list has now risen to 165, and a number of common species have been reaching record numbers, including Dark Arches, the example depicted showing extra large lower kidney marks...


This female Turnip Moth had me thinking it was something different for some time..


I'm starting to take more of interest in micros. Here are two new for years from 27th...

Clepsis consimilana...


Codling Moth..


I'm going to be taking a break from trapping for the next few weeks as I'm going on holiday, but I'm sure Sean and Ken will keep the blog up-to-date... they're doing a brilliant job, cheers guys!

Have a great summer,
Bill

1 comment: