A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Tuesday 27 July 2010

I've Hooked myself a Scalloped

Conditions were right on the edge last night, which means I wondered whether it was really worth running the trap, with many clear spells. Numbers therefore were not as good as recently, but better than expected. But I think it was worth it, as I got an unexpected garden tick.
.
Amongst 59 moths of 31 species was a surprise Scalloped Hook-tip, although no other highlights to speak of.
.
26th July:
10 Riband Wave
6 Common Rustic sp.
3 Dunbar
3 Dark Arches
2 Mottled Rustic
2 Pebble Hook-tip
2 Svennson's Copper Underwing
2 July Highflyer
2 Red Twin-spot Carpet
2 Large Yellow Underwing
2 Mottled Beauty
2 Rustic
2 Uncertain
2 Double Square-spot
1 Willow Beauty
1 Shuttle-shaped Dart
1 Flame
1 Small Phoenix
1 Beautiful Hook-tip
1 Copper Underwing
1 Common Footman
1 Common Wave
1 Scalloped Oak
1 Slender Brindle
1 Single-dotted Wave
1 Ear Moth
1 Rosy Footman
1 Silver Y
1 Scalloped Hook-tip NFG
.
Endotricha flammealis (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Small Phoenix
Red Twin-spot Carpet
Scalloped Hook-tip

No comments:

Post a Comment