A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Wednesday 21 July 2010

On the horn(et)s of a dilemma

Sorry about that ;-)
I put the trap on fairly early in the hope of making the most of a short session. Perhaps that's why I had two or three hornets buzzing around. When I went to switch off at 10.30 ish, I had a nerve-wracking moment as I moved the trap back to my shed. As it turned out there was only one hornet inside - and it only became active after I had processed most of the moths.
A few photos:
small scallop

pebble hook-tip

Cork moth (Nemapogon cloacella)

lesser-spotted pinion


lesser yellow underwing

gold triangle (Hypsopygia costalis)

The villain of the piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment