A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Monday 12 July 2010

This and that

Since a malware attack two weeks ago, I've been having all sorts of probs with my computer. I had to reinstall Windows XP. Now my new firewall won't let me view photos on this site. This is a rambling explanation of why I haven't posted recently.
But I've disabled the firewall in order to post a few photos of recent sightings. I have been trying to photo a few micros as this is the last year of fieldwork for the Surrey micro atlas. They are tricky to photograph but some of the larger ones (c 1cm in length) are quite attractive in close-up. Of course, plenty more are just dull brown things which you wouldn't look twice at. So here are a few random photos from late June -- early July.
barred straw

spectacle

Hedya salicella

yellow-tail

scarce footman

Brown house moth (Hofmannophila pseudospretella)

small angle shades

varied coronet

Eucosma cana

Pyhcita roborella

Recurvaria leucatella (a Notable (b) = scarce moth)

No comments:

Post a Comment