A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Thursday 26 January 2012

Help!

A nice haul of 7 Spring Usher, 2 Pale Brindled Beauty and 1 possible March Moth this morning.  And these two....anyone care to take a punt on an ID?  I think the first may be a Small Brindled Beauty but the second one I have no idea.....the markings just don't look right for Small Brindled Beauty.  Help!


4 comments:

  1. I think they are both Small Brindled Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean...our County Recorder agrees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, and quite an early record as well. I didn't catch my first last year until 25th February! You might just have tempted me into putting the trap out tonight with that moth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what it's like where you are but the temp has dropped significantly here again so not expecting much tonight.

    ReplyDelete