A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Wednesday 29 February 2012

Beauty and the Brindled

I got a fantastic catch last night, in near perfect conditions. I got 20 moths of 9 species, which is about the amount I would have to wait till May to get with my old (Actinic) trap. These included two new for the garden. An Oak Beauty and a Small Brindled Beauty (seemingly scarce round here) were those in question. These are ticks 255 and 256 on my garden macro list.
.
28th Feb:
7 Common Quaker
5 Small Quaker
2 Hebrew Character NFY
1 Small Brindled Beauty NFG
1 March Moth
1 Spring Usher
1 Pale Brindled Beauty
1 Oak Beauty NFG
1 Clouded Drab
....and no Chestnuts!
.
I also got this Agonopteryx which I would appreciate an ID for (Heracliana?):
Hebrew Character
Small Brindled Beauty
Oak Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment