A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Friday 15 June 2012

Cypress Carpet at Berrylands

Cypress Carpet at Berrylands Station, 15/06/2012
It's been a really slow year so far, apart from the Toadflax Brocade mentioned in a previous post there has been nothing of note to report from the station so far. That changed this morning when I found a rather dark carpet at rest high up on the station stairs, I thought it was going to be the first Yellow-barred Brindle of the year but when I got my binoculars on it I was amazed to see it was a Cypress Carpet. A quick dash to the local newsagent to borrow one of his long-handled fishing nets and the prize was in the pot. After finding Cypress Pug a couple of years ago this one has been on my wish list along with Pine Hawk-moth (there is a small stand of Scots Pine at the western end of the station so I live in hope). The station macro yearlist now stands at just 38 species, a good 20 down on the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment